Pursuing What Matters
You will be enriched in every way so that you can be generous on every occasion, and through us your generosity will result in thanksgiving to God. This service that you perform is not only supplying the needs of the Lord’s people but is also overflowing in many expressions of thanks to God. (2 Corinthians 9:11-12 NIV)
A ThankFull life is: being fully aware of God’s goodness
Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; his love endures forever. (Psalm 107:1 NIV)
Developing an Awareness of God’s Goodness
1. Live a life of love
Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.’ The second is this: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ There is no commandment greater than these.” (Mark 12:30-31 NIV)
2. Get filled up before you pour out
Jesus answered, “Everyone who drinks this water will be thirsty again, but whoever drinks the water I give them will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give them will become in them a spring of water welling up to eternal life.” (John 4:13-14 NIV)
3. Focus on faces over screens & voices over texts
Be devoted to one another in love. Honor one another above yourselves.(Romans 12:10 NIV)
4. Practice being present over productive
And this is my prayer: that your love may abound more and more in knowledge and depth of insight, so that you may be able to discern what is best. (Philippians 1:9-10a NIV)
Compassion Offering – 11/24
Every year we provide Christmas relief to hundreds of families though
our Christmas Store. We invite you to be a part of making a child’s
Christmas memorable by giving an offering of thanksgiving for the
lives that will be touched through our compassion ministries this
WAYS TO GIVE:
• Ask others who might be purchasing gifts for you and your family to
give to the Compassion Offering instead.
• Skip a holiday meal(s), either eating in or our, and give those dollars
to the Compassion Offering.
• Opt out of your holiday movie at the theater and rent on instead.
• Give to the Compassion Offering in the name of someone you
would normally give a gift to for Christmas.
HOW TO START THE CONVERSATION:
• Pick a night to sit down and talk about how this might impact your
Christmas. Set a time limit, maybe 15 minutes.
• Text, Facebook or email the date to anyone you need at the
• For your youngest, a simple reminder on the refrigerator or in their
lunch box will do.
WHAT TO TALK ABOUT:
• Decide how you will spend differently this year.
• Discuss the suggestions above.
• Decide now what you want to do and give using the link below.