Missions Serving Questions
I’m interested in serving on a short-term mission trip stateside or overseas, what is the process.
1. Attend Missions 101.
2. Complete Mission Portfolio requirements for the Level of trip you are considering.
3. Attend all trainings and Team Meetings.
Considerations for participation include:
1. Applicant possesses the skills or gifts needed for the identified project, and expresses interest in the purpose of the particular short-term team.
2. Applicant demonstrates a level of maturity and life experience to be able to fit well as a team player, and to respond to the leadership of another person.
3. Applicant is known to possess characteristics that will enable effective work within a cross-cultural environment.
What else do I need to know about general requirements?
1. You must be a Vineyard member to participate on a team.
2. You must be at least 18 years of age. Exceptions are made on an individual basis usually with the involvement of a parent on the same trip, or when participating on a designated youth ministry team.
3. You must agree to participate in all of the required team meetings and trainings as designated by the team leader.
4. You must agree to team financial policies as established by the Vineyard Christian Fellowship. All participants are personally responsible to pay for, or arrange funding for, their portion of the team/trip costs.
5. You must agree to the Vineyard Trip Code of Conduct and Hold Harmless Release policies that will be given to you by the team leader during the application process.
6. You must be a member of a small group.
7. You must possess a healthy personal prayer life and a commitment to regular Bible study.
8. You must be a regular financial contributor to the Vineyard (tithing, etc.)
9. You will need an endorsement from a staff pastor.
10. You will need to meet with and receive approval from the team leader.
Is a trip deposit required to participate with a Vineyard mission team?
Yes. The deposit is $250 and is non-refundable. You will be responsible for any non-refundable costs (i.e. airline tickets, etc.) incurred by the Vineyard if you withdraw from the trip, or if the entire trip is canceled due to unforeseen circumstances.
What does it cost to go on a Vineyard mission trip?
Prices vary due to location. For example, in 2011 we are estimating it is approximately $1,400-$1,700 per person for most areas in Latin America. Stateside trips will be considerably less due to transportation costs be significantly less costly. You can raise 100% of your costs after the initial deposit. If donations exceed the trip costs, the extra funds will be used to help cover some of the trip project costs (medical/construction, etc.).